Frequently Asked Questions
What’s included in Content and Software Management Service?
- Unlimited “reasonable” updates. (see below for full details)
- Website maintenance and software updates.
- Regular website and database backups.
- Disaster recovery.
- Web traffic analytics.
- Website relocation.
- No contracts, no lock-ins.
- Social media management.
What’s not included?
- Domain name and web hosting registration fees.
- Content. As the business owner you are best positioned to come up with website content, sales and marketing offers, etc. We will take care of timely publishing it on the website.
- Third-party software. If you wish to implement any third-party services on the website, such as auto-responder services, we will assist with integration (included in monthly management fees), however you are responsible for associated third-party fees and charges, if there are any.
How long does it take for content adds/moves/changes take?
Updates are easy. Just send your changes to us via email. We usually action and confirm requests within 1 business day.
What do you mean by "Unlimited "reasonable" updates"?
By “reasonable” updates we mean changes that could be considered maintenance of the website… and we will happily do them whenever you need them. In other words, replacement or addition of photos, announcement of a monthly special, a sale or an initiative to add value for customers, etc. We are making it easy and economical for you to proactively use your website as a marketing tool. It does not cover the addition of a large number of new pages, setting up or changing a large photo gallery or a redesign of the look and feel of the site. Those activities would normally be charged by fixed quote at the outset. By “unlimited” we mean we will do them whenever you want them. If you changed some prices today and had to change some again in a few days time, no problem. If someone wanted changes every day … we do have a problem! Our clients understand we can only offer this service for a fixed price if we all use some common sense :)
Are there any contracts for maintenance plans?
No, just month-to-month prepaid services.
What if I want to manage website myself or get someone else to take over?
No problem. We will assist with transferring the logins and passwords for management.
Cancel at any time?
Yes, no problem.
New websites / makeovers: Yes, we include lifetime updates & support for new websites.
Post-migration projects, or third-party websites: We offer a competitive content and software management plan, see above.
Are there additional costs?
Yes, customer’s are normally responsible for any domain/web/email hosting arrangements they have with their providers. Also, some customers request for specific third-party software – these can be in the form of plug-ins, subscription services or apps, and are at customers’ discretion to buy or subscribe to.